• Announcements

• Administrator

TIPS & FEATURES AEuro-Forum - READ!!   10/25/2016

Tips and Features of AEuromotive Technical Site 1.    Quick Peek Feature:       Hover over any Topic/POST within a Specific Forum or NEW POST.  You’ll notice a pop up window displaying the Original (FIRST POST)
      tab containing the vehicle Information and the Diagnostic Issue.  Next to the FIRST POST tab, there is the LATEST POST tab.
      This is the LATEST Reply to that Topic/POST.  It may contain the FIX,NOT FIXED, or UPDATE to the ongoing Topic/POST. 2.    SEARCH Feature: If you have not tried the SEARCH Engine, I’d advise that you do.
      START at the YELLOW Arrow. Then choose from the flip out flag where you wish to begin your initial search. 
      Use Word, or Words separated by a space or comma.  The more words you enter, the wider the search. 
      DO NOT use words like: the, of, abbreviations will not work.  BE Specific!       You’ll be directed to the second “Refinement Page”.  From there, you can narrow the search criteria, by clicking
      +MORE SEARCH OPTIONS. From there attempt to use both sides of the OPTIONS Menu. 
      USE the SEARCH Engine and get comfortable with navigating it. 2a. TSB/SIB/Recalls/Campaigns SEARCH Feature:       Currently, I am working on having the Feature to SEARCH ONLY for TSB/SIB/Recalls/Campaigns for this site. 
      This is in YELLOW type, as it is currently under development.  I hope to get this to work within the initial SEARCH
      Feature when you CLICK in the SEARCH Field, that "flag" will kick out.  In that Categories list, you'll see a TSB link.
      Within this link, when clicked, you'll choose the MAKE of the vehicle.  Immediately, ENTER all of the WORD or WORDS
      within the TEXT SEARCH FIELD. CLICK the MAGNIFYING GLASS, OR ENTER.
      ALL Technical Service Bulletins RELATED to THAT MAKE will be SEARCHED, and DISPLAYED. 
      Quick SEARCH Feature has been refined for shorter results. I have already ran through some tests with BMW, Mercedes and VW/Audi.        IT WORKS!.  Note! I still have hundreds of TSB/SIB/Recalls,Campaigns, and other related Technical Service Bulletins!
      And this is NOT counting the Domestic and Asian Vehicle MAKES!!  OH, Whoa is ME!!
      Approximately 789 additional FACTORY TSB's in General to do for European.....over 1400 additional TSB Documents
      for Domestic and Asian.  I WILL GET THEM DONE, BUT i HAVE TO DO IT MY WAY (I GIVE GOOD MASSAGE)! FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS WELCOMED....GOOD OR BAD.  GROW A SET AND TALK TO ME.  IF SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT,
      TELL ME.  MY SKIN LAST MEASURED WITH MY CALIPER WAS 4.378.9" THICK!  USE THIS AND MANY OTHER FEATURES MY FRIENDS! PETER AND I ARE TIRELESSLY ATTACKING THIS SITE WITH $$$$$$
      AND HARD, TIME CONSUMING WORK.  IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED............YOU ARE NOT LOOKING!! 3.    Technical Documents Tab: By clicking the Technical Documents Tab, you can SEARCH for TSB’s, SIB’s, and Campaigns.
      and Recalls are available to you.  We have over 1500 document of Factory Level that can help. 
      Again, USE the SEARCH Engine to narrow your results.  Get comfortable with using this great resource. 4. HYPERLINKED Text Within REPLIES in the Topic / POST, Hyperlinks can be added to that reply, or an original Topic / POST.
      It is important that the browser that you are using is set to OPEN a new TAB when a click is clicked. In MOZILLA Browser, quite easy to do.
      Go to the top of your MOZILLA browser and click TOOLS > OPTIONS > GENERAL (on the left sidebar). 
      Then check the check box that states "Open New Windows in a new tab instead" Then, when you click a helpful Hyperlink, a new tab, and windows will open to your top right and will go to the
      hyperlinked page! WARNING!! I would advise, if you are NOT "Computer Literate"....NOT to attempt to Hyperlink Text, as this
      may cause damage to your POST.  ONLY Experienced, "Computer Savvy" Technicians are capable of
      doing this action. 5. STORE Page Check out our STORE.  We have a number of items from Diagnostic Machines, Scanners, Software,
      Training Manuals, and anything that you may wish to purchase.  If it's not there....contact us regarding
      your needs.  We are there to service your everyday Diagnostic and Computer needs.....ALL OEM. NONE of our scanners and Diagnostic Computers are "CLONES, or CLONED" Software.  It is all
      within the "LEGIT" realm for ONLINE and OFFLINE Diagnostic Purposes.  Technology can be your
      friend........or your enemy.  It is your choice.............you get what you pay for HERE!! 6. Member Map This FEATURE is used by ALL Members to locate another Member.  This FEATURE is useful to: Locate another Member in the AREA for help Locate a Member who can help your customer stranded in another Member's Area Quick Location of all the Members of this Collective Help each other make $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Please click the Member Map tab, and register your location.  This system works well for
      all of the Members and may provide you with valuable information, in which to promote
      your Facility!           7. CLOSING/Updating your Topic/POSTS            It is imperative that ALL Topic/Posts are updated on at least a weekly basis, while also, CLOSING your
                Topic/POSTS when you have completed your repairs.  ALL POSTS MUST be CLOSED within 21 Days, or
                updated to keep your ongoing POST from being suspended.           Every time a Member Logs into the site, that member can check how many POSTS he has opened. 
                When first logged in, you will see an initial screen with all of the ongoing POSTS that are OPEN.

If there are more than 3 OPEN or ongoing POSTS, the Member will NOT be able to add another
                Topic/POST, until one of the 3 POSTS are CLOSED.  If by chance you missed that opening screen
                follow this procedure to see what POSTS are currently OPEN.          Click the “Activity” tab > then click “My Activity Streams” > then click “My Open Topics.
               My Open Topics LIST has been modified to ONLY show the OPEN POSTS without REPLIES. 
               This will make for shorter SEARCHES of your OPEN POSTS.          This will display all of your current OPEN POSTS.  From there, you can close them, if you forgot to,
               or they are NOT FIXED, or FIXED.  PLEASE, be detailed in the last REPLY, so this will help another
               Member at some time, whether you FIXED or did NOT FIX the vehicle.  Details are what help us all, so
               please be a productive Member of this site.  I for one will appreciate your efforts. There is a NEW Feature that I have had out Guru Programmer to the site: 2/13/2017 This feature incorporates a "Back to TOP" Button at the bottom of the POSTS Some POSTS are lengthy in information, which makes scrolling the page, or pages time consuming.  Every little bit
      adds up while researching.  TIME is $$$$$, as I always preach.  So now, when needed, you can scroll to the bottom
      of the POST, then click the "Back to TOP" button to go to the top of that POST.         8. FACEBOOK & Twitter Links         For now, located by the AEuromotive Logo, you'll see some small Facebook & Twitter links.  Mind you,
              these will be replaced with larger ICONS.  This is being worked on as I type.  My coder is getting this accomplished.
              For now, they are linked to the AEuromotive Facebook, and to Peter's Twitter Account LIVE.  I DON'T "TWEET"
             You wish to know my opinion...........better grow an extra inch of skin, then call me and ask.
             Try them, use this to contact Peter.        Again, when this TEXT turns White, it is totally implemented!         9. PICTURES IN POSTS         This FEATURE has been implemented.  When inserting a picture within the POST, make it as small as possible
              to fit within the constraints of the frame.  Any one can then CLICK on the PICTURE to open a new window and
              see the LARGER Version that you had uploaded to the POST.  Please try to keep the original picture within
              2 - 3 MEG in size!  Once you upload the picture, click on that picture and use the corners to shrink
              to fit.
             You can also resize the pictures you add to the POST.  Once you save the POST, click on the picture, you'll
             have the Feature to scroll through all pictures resized in your POST.       10. F5 "REFRESH" Feature         This has always been a WINDOWS Feature, but I thought I'd put this up for those that didn't know:         I have tested FF, IE7, Opera and Chrome.    F5 usually updates the page only if it is modified. The browser usually tries to use all types of cache as much
             as possible and adds an "If-modified-since" header to the request. Opera differs by sending a "Cache-Control: no-cache"        CTRL-F5 is used to force an update, disregarding any cache. IE7 adds an "Cache-Control: no-cache", as does FF,
            which also adds "Pragma: no-cache". Chrome does a normal "If-modified-since" and Opera ignores the key. 11. InfoServer 1 and VMDiagnostics Server InfoServer 1 and VMDiagnostics are already in progress, as InfoServer 1 will be comprised of the following Technical
      Information: 1. ISO Diagnostic Programs updated on a weekly basis.  You will need an ISO Application to unzip, or run these programs
          on a "Virtual DVD" 2. PDF Diagnostic Training and Information Documents, requiring you to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your
          computer.  You can get it here for FREE: https://get.adobe.com/reader/ 3.   InfoServer 1 is completed and ALMOST ready to connect to this site.  We are waiting for our security license, and our
           OpenVPN setup.  The SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate is in the process of being issued. And STILL waiting!! 4.   All European, Asian and Domestic Makes and Model Information and User Manuals 5.   All Downloads from the InfoServer 1 will be monitored by Platinum Members that do so.  So I can run a report of
           what and when a download occurred.  Limit is 6 - 8GB per Day VMDiagnostics will be comprised of the following Technical Information: Launch Date for February 2017 This InfoServer 2 is a 4.6+GHz machine with up to 64 Gig of RAM and SSHD (Solid State Drives)
      as to prevent lag and slow response as most Virtualized Systems are. This is no "Puppy" System,
      "Full Tilt Boogie" Machine!! 1.   Virtual Programs running LIVE on this Server for Members to access and use Daily (Charge per Day Access) a.  Mercedes
      b. BMW
      c. Mini Cooper
      d.  Volkswagen
      e. Audi
      f. Any other European Make that I can get their FACTORY Programs to run on a  "Virtual Platform"
      g. Domestic Makes (GM, FORD, Chrysler, etc.)
      h.  Asian Makes (Honda, Hyundai, KIA, Mitsubishi, etc.)
      i.  Any Diagnostic Programs that can be "Virtually" operational, I will do so With ALL of the above upcoming Technical Systems coming on line....YOU will be responsible
      for Downloading and Installing these programs...............NOT me.  it is the responsibility of the USER,
      that will have to sign off on the agreement to download and install the programs.  Instructions are included
      in the folders. Please Note!  I will be adding to this ANNOUNCEMENT periodically, so keep coming back to this, and see what other
      Features I have added.  I still have a dozen to add to this ANNOUNCEMENT, as we have upgraded this Forum since
      yesterday 10/24/2016.  Stay Tuned!!
Andrew Jansen

Throttle Control Valve Issue

11 posts in this topic

VIN: WAULL44E16N016489
Production Month / Vehicle Year: March / 2006
Make: Audi
Model: A8 Quattro Sedan (4E2)
Engine: V8-4.2L (BGK)
Transmission: Automatic 6-Speed
Mileage: 138000
Affected System: Electrical / Electronic Controllers / Control Units / System Control
Description of Issue: Hesitation / Cuts Out / Poor Acceleration
Scan Tool: VW-Audi VCDS (VAG-Com)
Related Repair History: Throttle control unit replaced, Engine control module replaced.
Diagnostics / Tests Performed:

First off... Sorry I don't have the full autoscan at this time. 

I thought I saved it from when it was here last apparently not.   
The car is not here at this time but will be back for further diagnosis. 

Anyway, the vehicle came in with intermittent fault for Throttle Control issues and vehicle going into limp mode. 
The first time that it came in, I found the faults to be possibly related to battery regulation issue. 

I replaced the battery and re-coded battery after replacement and cleared fault.  About 3000 miles later the faults
re-occured, but no battery regulation faults were present.  

This time we replaced the Throttle Control unit.  Vehicle left.... about 4000 miles later..  Same thing... 
Next we replaced the ECM without having the ability to actually pinpoint the fault. 
After each comeback we would drive the car for around 100 miles or more without any symptoms.   

I scope all the 5V circuits and signal Throttle signals and found no issues present during all the times
that we've had it.   

The car will be back in a week so I am looking to have some more insight on what I could do next. 

Thanks

Thursday,03,August,2017,11:09:41:64595
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
VCDS Version: 17.8.0.1 (x64)
Data version: 20170721 DS276.2
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WAULL44E16N016489   License Plate:

Chassis Type: 4E (4E0)
Scan: 01 02 03 05 06 07 08 09 0E 15 16 17 19 25 34 36 37 38 42 46
          47 4F 52 53 55 56 61 62 65 67 72 76 77

VIN: WAULL44E16N016489   Mileage: 244910km-152180miles

00-Steering Angle Sensor -- Status: OK 0000
01-Engine -- Status: Malfunction 0010
02-Auto Trans -- Status: Malfunction 0010
03-ABS Brakes -- Status: Malfunction 0010
05-Acc/Start Auth. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
06-Seat Mem. Pass -- Status: OK 0000
07-Control Head -- Status: Malfunction 0010
08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
0E-Media Player 1 -- Status: Malfunction 0010
15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000
17-Instruments -- Status: Malfunction 0010
19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
25-Immobilizer -- Status: Malfunction 0010
34-Level Control -- Status: Malfunction 0010
36-Seat Mem. Drvr -- Status: OK 0000
37-Navigation -- Status: Malfunction 0010
38-Roof Electronics -- Status: Malfunction 0010
42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
46-Central Conv. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
47-Sound System -- Status: OK 0000
4F-Centr. Electr. II -- Status: OK 0000
52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
53-Parking Brake -- Status: Malfunction 0010
55-Headlight Range -- Status: OK 0000
56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000
61-Battery Regul. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
62-Door, Rear Left -- Status: OK 0000
65-Tire Pressure -- Status: OK 0000
67-Voice Control -- Status: OK 0000
72-Door, Rear Right -- Status: OK 0000
76-Park Assist -- Status: Malfunction 0010
77-Telephone -- Status: OK 0000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine        Labels: None
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 560 P    HW: 4E0 907 560
   Component: 4.2L V8/5V      G   0010  
   Revision: --H01---    Serial number: AUX3Z0EN778915
   Coding: 0007773
   Shop #: WSC 02313 785 00200
   VCID: 2E59039EB9EB163628-807A

5 Faults Found:
18061 - Please check DTC Memory of ABS Controller
            P1653 - 008 -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00101000
                    Fault Priority: 0
                    Fault Frequency: 7
                    Reset counter: 255
                    Mileage: 244729 km
                    Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 2120 /min
                    Load: 22.0 %
                    Speed: 0.0 km/h
                    Temperature: 80.0°C
                    Temperature: 50.0°C
                    Absolute Pres.: 0.0 mbar
                    Voltage: 13.462 V

17953 - Throttle Valve Controller
            P1545 - 002 - Malfunction - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00100010
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Mileage: 244905 km

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 633 /min
                    Load: 57.6 %
                    Temperature: 53.0°C
                    Temperature: 44.0°C
                    Voltage: 9.398 V

17972 - Throttle Actuator (J338)
            P1564 - 002 - Under-Voltage during Basic Setting - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00100010
                    Mileage: 244913 km

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 0 /min
                    Load: 0.0 %
                    Temperature: 31.0°C
                    Temperature: 33.0°C
                    Voltage: 11.176 V

17950 - Angle Sensor 1 for Throttle Actuator (G187)
            P1542 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 3

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 1295 /min
                    Load: 39.6 %
                    Temperature: 75.0°C
                    Voltage: 10.795 V

17579 - Angle Sensor 2 for Throttle Actuator (G188) Implausible Signal
            P1171 - 008 -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 4

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 1377 /min
                    Load: 37.6 %
                    Temperature: 34.0°C
                    Voltage: 10.922 V

Readiness: 0000 1000

Address 02: Auto Trans        Labels: 09E-927-156.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E1 910 156 E    HW: 09E 927 156 B
   Component: AG6 09E 4,2L5V USA  0100  
   Revision: --H01---    Serial number:        0073263
   Coding: 0000002
   VCID: 254BFCB2EC1D556ED9-8070

1 Fault Found:
009783 - Torque Management Feedback Signal A
               P2637 - 000 -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00100000
                    Fault Frequency: 20
                    Reset counter: 31
                    Mileage: 244707 km
                    Date: 2017.05.30
                    Time: 18:51:45

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 1152 /min
                    RPM: 1088 /min
                    RPM: 0 /min
                    (no units): 30.0
                    (no units): 37.0
                    Temperature: 34.0°C
                    T.B. Angle: 0.0°

Address 03: ABS Brakes        Labels: 4E0-910-517.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 517 B    HW: 4E0 614 517 BC
   Component: ESP 5.7 allrad  H44 0510  
   Coding: 0008597
   Shop #: WSC 02313 000 00000
   VCID: 2241E7AEFD33A256BC-8076

1 Fault Found:
01314 - Engine Control Module
            013 - Check DTC Memory - Intermittent

Address 05: Acc/Start Auth.        Labels: 4E0-910-131.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 131     HW: 4E0 909 131 L
   Component:     FBS AUDID3  H08 0160  
   Revision: 01604808    Serial number: AUX3Z0EN780107
   Coding: 0410624
   Shop #: WSC 02311 785 00200
   VCID: 58B58546EBEF388692-800C

Subsystem 1 - Part No: XXXXXXXXXXX
   Component: ELV                 XXXX

3 Faults Found:
00181 - Access/Start Authorization Antenna (in Rear bumper) (R136)
            011 - Open Circuit

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01101011
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 0
                    Reset counter: 29
                    Mileage: 232592 km
                    Date: 2014.11.05
                    Time: 00:07:36

00190 - Driver's Door Handle Touch Sensor (G415)
            007 - Short to Ground

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01100111
                    Fault Priority: 3
                    Fault Frequency: 14
                    Reset counter: 160

00180 - Access/Start Authorization Antenna; Passenger Side (R135)
            001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01100001
                    Mileage: 244768 km
                    Date: 2017.07.20
                    Time: 06:34:30

Address 06: Seat Mem. Pass        Labels: None
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 760 D    HW: 4E0 959 760 B
   Component: Sitzmemory BFS H02  0010  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 5DS 008 795-03
   Coding: 4071648
   VCID: 244DE1B6E727AC66CE-8070

No fault code found.

Address 07: Control Head        Labels: 4E0-910-7xx-07.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 731 B    HW: 4E0 035 729
   Component: Interfacebox    H43 1190  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 346K/057529475
   Coding: 0000003
   VCID: 2045EDA6F33FB046AA-8074

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4E0 910 611
   Component: E0380 BedienteilH01 0050

Subsystem 2 - Serial number: 00000000057146

Subsystem 3 - Serial number: 0101.02.080000000100010004ÿ

Subsystem 4 - Serial number: 010004ÿ

1 Fault Found:
01327 - Control Module for Parking Aid (J446)
            004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00100100
                    Fault Priority: 5
                    Reset counter: 181
                    Mileage: 244575 km
                    Date: 2017.05.27
                    Time: 18:02:26

Address 08: Auto HVAC        Labels: None
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 043 B    HW: 4E0 820 043 E
   Component: KLIMAAUTOMAT    016 0400  
   Revision: 00000030    Serial number: 00000000081613
   Coding: 0004417
   VCID: 1C3DD956DF5794A676-8048

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4E0 910 772 A
   Component: Sitzluefter  FS H02  010

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 4E0 910 772 A
   Component: Sitzluefter BFS H02  010

Subsystem 3 - Serial number: 898053000     

Subsystem 4 - Serial number: HO23112005065A000000000045ÿ†89

Subsystem 5 - Serial number: 000045ÿ†898053000      000-SHO

Subsystem 6 - Serial number:     000-SHO23112005065A00000000

Subsystem 7 - Serial number: 65A000000000074ÿ

No fault code found.

Address 09: Cent. Elect.        Labels: 4E0-910-279.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 279 Q    HW: 4E0 907 279 Q
   Component: ILM Fahrer      H14 0230  
   Coding: 0143123
   VCID: 36692BFE41BB2EF660-8062

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4E1 910 113 B
   Component: Wischer WWS D3  H50 0400  
   Coding: 00000036
   Shop #: WSC 02313  

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 4E0 910 557   Labels: 8K0-955-559.CLB
   Component: REGENLICHTSENSORH11 0050  
   Coding: 00139548
   Shop #: WSC 02313  

No fault code found.

Address 0E: Media Player 1        Labels: 4E0-910-111.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 111 E    HW: 4E0 035 111 A
   Component: CD-Changer      H44 0430  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: AUZ5ZBE7262064
   Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
   VCID: 1B3FDA4ADA59939E7F-804E

1 Fault Found:
02095 - Component Protection Active
            000 -  -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Reset counter: 189
                    Mileage: 244729 km
                    Date: 2017.06.10
                    Time: 14:49:49

Address 15: Airbags        Labels: 4E0-910-655-94.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 655 C    HW: 4E0 959 655 J
   Component:    Airbag 9.41  H12 4030  
   Revision: 91H12400    Serial number: 0037Q0003K1H  
   Coding: 0532707
   Shop #: WSC 01025 444 83758
   VCID: 2649FBBE911B5E76D0-8072

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4E0 910 339
   Component: BF-Gewichtsens. H01 0030

Subsystem 2 - Serial number: 35L6A         

Subsystem 3 - Serial number: 0001.01.0000H0100000000000ÿ†63

Subsystem 4 - Serial number: 000000ÿ†63328RB400C4F848Tÿ†63

Subsystem 5 - Serial number: 4F848Tÿ†63428RB400C4F77AYÿ†63

Subsystem 6 - Serial number: 4F77AYÿ†63528RB400C4F750Nÿ†63

Subsystem 7 - Serial number: 4F750Nÿ†63628RB400C4F876Xÿ†63

Subsystem 8 - Serial number: 4F876Xÿ†63729RB400BE3875Vÿ†63

Subsystem 9 - Serial number: E3875Vÿ†63829RB400BE3BC5/ÿ

Subsystem 10 - Serial number: E3BC5/ÿ

No fault code found.

Address 16: Steering wheel        Labels: 4E0-910-549.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 549 A    HW: 4E0 953 549 B
   Component: J0527               0310  
   Revision: 00H01000    Serial number: 90055052850053
   Coding: 0012241
   VCID: 2649FBBE911B5E76D0-8072

Component: E0221           H07 0090

No fault code found.

Address 17: Instruments        Labels: 4E0-910-xxx-17.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 950 Q    HW: 4E0 920 950 Q
   Component: KOMBIINSTR. VDO H71 0400  
   Revision: D02         Serial number: AUDID3ED002068
   Coding: 0048263
   Shop #: WSC 03327 444 105121
   VCID: 326117EEADD332D64C-8066

1 Fault Found:
01704 - Terminal 58 (Dimming)
            007 - Short to Ground

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000011
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Reset counter: 196
                    Mileage: 236648 km
                    Date: 2016.07.26
                    Time: 05:51:11

Address 19: CAN Gateway        Labels:. 4E0-910-468.clb
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 468 B    HW: 4E0 907 468 E
   Component: Gateway         H11 0090  
   Revision: 11          Serial number: 2000305B2780F6
   Coding: FCFE7BDD1B7104
   VCID: 2757F6BA9611477EEB-8072

No fault code found.

Address 25: Immobilizer        Labels: 4E0-910-131.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 131     HW: 4E0 909 131 L
   Component:     FBS AUDID3  H08 0160  
   Revision: 01604808    Serial number: AUX3Z0EN780107
   Coding: 0410624
   VCID: 58B58546EBEF388692-800C

Component: ELV                 XXXX
   XXXXXXXXXXX ELV                 XXXX   

3 Faults Found:
00181 - Access/Start Authorization Antenna (in Rear bumper) (R136)
            011 - Open Circuit

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 0
                    Mileage: 232592 km
                    Time: 00:07:36

00190 - Driver's Door Handle Touch Sensor (G415)
            007 - Short to Ground

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01100111
                    Fault Frequency: 14

00180 - Access/Start Authorization Antenna; Passenger Side (R135)
            001 - Upper Limit Exceeded

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01100001
                    Mileage: 244768 km
                    Date: 2017.07.20
                    Time: 06:34:30

Address 34: Level Control        Labels: 4E0-910-553.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 553 H    HW: 4E0 907 553 F
   Component: LUFTFDR.-CDC    H06 4480  
   Coding: 0015510
   VCID: 2855F5869B0F4806E2-807C

2 Faults Found:
01400 - Suspension Level Control
            001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00100001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Reset counter: 199
                    Mileage: 0 km

01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
            008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 73
                    Mileage: 241947 km
                    Date: 2017.02.01
                    Time: 21:37:02

Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr        Labels: None
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 760 D    HW: 4E0 959 760 B
   Component: Sitzmemory FS  H02  0010  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 5DS 008 795-03
   Coding: 4071658
   VCID: 244DE1B6E727AC66CE-8070

No fault code found.

Address 37: Navigation        Labels: 4E0-910-88x-37.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 887 N    HW: 4E0 919 887 C
   Component: MNS US          H45 0740  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 355BO067562902
   VCID: 387525C64BAFD88672-806C

1 Fault Found:
02445 - Disk Drive Initialization Error
            000 -  -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 5
                    Fault Frequency: 2
                    Reset counter: 0
                    Mileage: 212644 km
                    Date: 2013.05.26
                    Time: 21:34:20

Address 38: Roof Electronics        Labels: 4E0-910-135.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 135 A    HW: 4E0 907 135
   Component: Dachknoten D3   H02 0090  
   Serial number: 00000531600004
   Coding: 0003477
   VCID: 1D3BD452C44D9DAE81-8048

2 Faults Found:
00457 - Control Module for Network (J519)
            004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00100100
                    Mileage: 244728 km
                    Date: 2017.06.02
                    Time: 16:06:00

02282 - Sunroof Drive; Obstruction Detection
            000 -  -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Reset counter: 194
                    Mileage: 244756 km
                    Date: 2017.07.18
                    Time: 17:51:00

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver        Labels: 4E1-910-802-42.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E1 910 802 B    HW: 4E1 959 801 B
   Component: Türsteuer.FS BRM003 0100  
   Coding: 0032364
   Shop #: WSC 01025 444 59181

No fault code found.

Address 46: Central Conv.        Labels:. 4E0-910-289.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 289 B    HW: 4E0 907 289
   Component: Komfortgeraet   H05 0010  
   Revision: 00100005    Serial number:  W040511290094
   Coding: 0048702

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4E0 910 853
   Component: Heckdeckel      H06 0060

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 4E0 907 719
   Component: Neigungssensor  H04 0020

2 Faults Found:
01504 - Bulb for License-Plate Light (X)
            009 - Open or Short to Ground

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01101001
                    Fault Frequency: 254
                    Mileage: 203258 km
                    Date: 2013.01.06
                    Time: 15:47:47

01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
            012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01101100
                    Fault Frequency: 254
                    Mileage: 235113 km
                    Date: 2016.03.04
                    Time: 00:22:05

Address 47: Sound System        Labels: 4E0-910-223.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 223 K    HW: 4E0 035 223 A
   Component: DSP-Amp.-High   H13 0440  
   Revision: PROD_01     Serial number: 00000000004988
   Coding: 0000016
   VCID: 254BFCB2EC1D556ED9-8070

No fault code found.

Address 4F: Centr. Electr. II        Labels: None
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 280 A    HW: 4E0 907 280 A
   Component: ILM Beifahrer   H11 0070  
   Revision:             Serial number: 00000000075401
   Coding: 0010111
   VCID: 1E39D35EC94B86B698-804A

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4E0 910 511 A
   Component: UGDO HL US      H04 0050

Subsystem 2 - Serial number: 0253440T020V05

No fault code found.

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels: 4E1-910-802-52.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E1 910 802 B    HW: 4E1 959 802 B
   Component: Türsteuer.BF BRM003 0100  

No fault code found.

Address 53: Parking Brake        Labels: 4E0-910-801.clb
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 801 C    HW: 4E0 907 801 A
   Component: EPB  A32C0220   H02 0220  
   Revision: A32C0220    
   Coding: 0000532
   Shop #: WSC 03327 444 105121
   VCID: 1F47EE5ACE418FBE93-804A

2 Faults Found:
02596 - Rear Brake Pads Worn
            008 - Implausible Signal

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01111000
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Mileage: 236584 km
                    Date: 2016.07.23
                    Time: 16:07:56

Freeze Frame:
                    Voltage: 13.97 V
                    Count: 61

02438 - Left Parking Brake Motor Hall Sensor
            004 - No Signal/Communication - MIL ON

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 11110100
                    Fault Frequency: 5
                    Mileage: 236584 km
                    Date: 2016.07.23
                    Time: 16:07:56

Freeze Frame:
                    Voltage: 13.97 V
                    Count: 94

Address 55: Headlight Range        Labels: 4F0-910-357.lbl
   Part No SW: 4F0 910 357 E    HW: 4F0 907 357 E
   Component: AFS 1           H01 0010  
   Revision: 00000001    Serial number:               
   Coding: 0000018

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4F0 941 329 B
   Component: AFS-Modul links H02 0020

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 4F0 941 329 B
   Component: AFS-Modul rechtsH02 0020

No fault code found.

Address 56: Radio        Labels: 4E0-910-541.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 541 F    HW: 4E0 035 541 E
   Component: TUNER EU/US/RDW H42 0480  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 396LS057531041
   Coding: 0000002
   VCID: 234FE2AAE229AB5EB7-8076

No fault code found.

Address 61: Battery Regulation        Labels: 4E0-910-181.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 181 C    HW: 4E0 915 181 C
   Component: J0644 BEM       H12 0550  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 00000000006939

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4E0 915 105 A
   Component: von VA0  2511280122       
   Coding: 344530393135313035412056413032353131323830313232
   Shop #: WSC 00000 128 00289

5 Faults Found:
02274 - Quiescent Current Stage 3
            000 -  -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 7
                    Fault Frequency: 16
                    Mileage: 236582 km
                    Date: 2016.07.20
                    Time: 03:27:08

02277 - Quiescent Current Stage 6
            000 -  -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 15
                    Mileage: 236582 km
                    Date: 2016.07.20
                    Time: 03:27:18

02273 - Quiescent Current Stage 2
            000 -  -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 16
                    Mileage: 239670 km
                    Date: 2016.12.20
                    Time: 15:09:33

02272 - Quiescent Current Stage 1
            000 -  -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 39
                    Mileage: 237905 km
                    Date: 2016.10.17
                    Time: 06:32:59

02276 - Quiescent Current Stage 5
            000 -  -  - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Frequency: 11
                    Mileage: 238260 km
                    Date: 2016.11.19
                    Time: 19:23:47

Address 62: Door, Rear Left        Labels: 4E0-910-802.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 802 A    HW: 4E0 959 801 C
   Component: Türsteuer.HL BRM003 0100  

No fault code found.

Address 65: Tire Pressure        Labels: 4E0-910-273.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 273     HW: 4E0 907 273
   Component: Reifendruck 2   H01  
   Revision: 00010028    Serial number: 00000900036455
   Coding: 0232125
   VCID: 5FC7AE5A8EC1CFBED3-800A

1 Fault Found:
01521 - Sensor for Tire Pressure
            002 - Lower Limit Exceeded

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01100010
                    Fault Frequency: 173
                    Reset counter: 0
                    Mileage: 212644 km
                    Date: 2013.05.26
                    Time: 21:48:07

Freeze Frame:
                    Temperature: 17.0°C
                    Error Code: 0
                        Not Recogn.
                        Not Recogn.
                        Not Recogn.
                        Not Recogn.

Address 67: Voice Control        Labels: 4E0-910-75x-67.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 754 J    HW: 4E0 035 753 A
   Component: SDS 3501 US     H45 0600  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 00000511220025
   Shop #: WSC 12336 024 394758
   VCID: 2D5B0492B4ED6D2E11-8078

No fault code found.

Address 72: Door, Rear Right        Labels: 4E0-910-802.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 802 A    HW: 4E0 959 802 C
   Component: Türsteuer.HR BRM003 0100  

No fault code found.

Address 76: Park Assist        Labels: 4E0-910-283.lbl
   Part No SW: 4E0 910 283 C    HW: 4E0 919 283 C
   Component: Parkhilfe 8-Kan H12 0030  
   Revision: 00H12000    Serial number: 08720532800596
   Coding: 0201308
   VCID: 234FE2AAE229AB5EB7-8076

2 Faults Found:
01545 - Sensor for Parking Aid; Rear Left (G203)
            009 - Open or Short to Ground

Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01101001
                    Reset counter: 185
                    Mileage: 189232 km
                    Date: 2012.07.30
                    Time: 09:43:48

02070 - Rear Parking Aid Sensors
            011 - Open Circuit

Freeze Frame:
                    Mileage: 232600 km
                    Time: 00:07:47

Address 77: Telephone        Labels: 4E0-910-336.lbl
   Part No SW: 4F0 910 336 B    HW: 4E0 862 335
   Component: Handyvorb2      H11 0440  
   Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 00000007524970
   Coding: 0010900
   VCID: 2241E7AEFD33A256BC-8076

No fault code found.

End-------------------------(Elapsed Time: 03:14)--------------------------

So for now, being I cannot see if there are any CAN System Faults, that
may be related to this Throttle Control Issue.

Perform a HARD reset to the system, as it may be stuck on STOOPID.
MAKE SURE you have the Radio Code!!!!!

This happens if the Voltage drops, or is low in the system. REMEMBER....
Everything Electrical & Electronic STARTS at the Battry!

You'll have to give me a report on the following:

1. Battery Condition (LOAD and Charging)
  2. Alternator Condition (LOAD and Charging)
    a. Being this is an A* Model, you may be able to see if there is an Energy Diagnosis Report
    related to SoC and SoH (State of charge....State of Health)
  3. CAN System Condition (Check for ANY Faults)
  4. AutoScan the ENTIRE Vehicle
  5. Check Harness
  6. Check ALL Ground POINTS
  7. Make Sure that Throttle Body is Adapted
  8. Check ALL Fuses

This way, ALL points are covered.  if the Throttle Body is hanging, or has
not be properly adapted, the above can continue to happen.

i suggest possibly running additional / redundant wires to Throttle body assembly
Just in case wiring or continuity is an intermittent issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17950 P1542 Angle Sensor 1 for Throttle Actuator (G187): Implausible Signal

Possible Causes
Angle Sensors 1/2 for Throttle Actuator (G187/G188) faulty
Power Supply for Angle Sensors 1/2 for Throttle Actuator (G187/G188) faulty
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Angle Sensors 1/2 for Throttle Actuator (G187/G188) faulty

Possible Solutions
Check Angle Sensors 1/2 for Throttle Actuator (G187/G188)
See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB), usually MVB 062
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Angle Sensors 1/2 for Throttle Actuator (G187/G188) faulty

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17987 P1579 Throttle Actuator (J338): Adaptation Not Started

Possible Causes
Throttle Body Alignment (TBA) not performed

Possible Solutions
Perform Throttle Body Alignment (TBA)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17579 P1171 Angle Sensor 2 for Throttle Actuator (G188) Implausible Signal

Possible Causes
Angle Sensors 1/2 for Throttle Actuator (G187/G188) faulty

Possible Solutions
Check Angle Sensors 1/2 for Throttle Actuator (G187/G188)
See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB), usually MVB 062

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16891 P0507 Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected.

Possible Causes
Throttle Valve Control Module (J338) dirty/faulty
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Throttle Valve Control Module (J338)
Vacuum Leak

Possible Solutions
Check Throttle Valve Control Module (J338)
Check Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Throttle Valve Control Module (J338)
Check Intake System for Leaks

Special Notes
If the breather valve is faulty, full engine vacuum is typically found when removing the oil cap at idle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17953 P1545 002  P1545 008 - Throttle Valve Controller: Malfunction

Possible Causes
Throttle Body dirty
Throttle Body Wiring faulty
Throttle Body faulty
Obstructions in intake air passages

Possible Solutions
Clean Throttle Body
Check Throttle Body Wiring
Check Throttle Body
Check for any obstructions in the intake air path. Including but not limited to the air box inlet, air filter, hoses to/from the MAF and intake manifold in addition to turbocharger (or similar) components when applicable.

This is why a HARD System reset is needed to clear all capacitance out of ALL
the Controllers, especially the ECM.  Some codes are stored in "volatile" Memory, which a
scan tool cannot clear (eg. airbag/SRS controllers)

MAKE SURE you have the Radio Code!!!!!

Not like the old days that you could remove the radio and see the code on the back....just like the IC
Radio Codes are now retrieved through the GeKo, at the Dealer.  MOST of the time.

I updated the autoscan. 

You guys are so smart.  I think Im seeing the big picture on this one.  
As said best by Angelo B+ first..  

Please update me with your thoughts on this thanks.

• Like 1

You might want to try to read  throttle, throttle actuator , and TPS  while someone else is driving  you can read measure
blocks....I believe it is block 135.

I had a similar case that drove me nuts.:25_money_mouth:   Suddenly I happened to notice while on the road,  when I applied the
brakes, the values would change slightly. When I brought it back in ,I removed the underhood  fuse box where the
ECM is located driver's side and noticed that there was water intrusion, and the connectors were corroded.

Aside from the very obvious throttle codes, if i ever see a Quiescent Battery Fault 3 or above, that is always where
I start!

Customer needs to pay for that $300.00 battery along with coding first before any other diagnostic.
Battery/charging systems cause so MANY weird issues on intelligent battery module cars.

After that i would definitely start looking at wiring for a break or chaffing of any kind....

I've seen it where the pins break off inside the connector but still make enough contact for it to be
functional. On these cars, i depin the throttle connector to check them for any breaks.

The throttle body connector on the V8 is one of the most disconnected components on the car
when servicing, so keep an eye out for that!

And it goes without stating the obvious....AC Ripple from the alternator.  Anything higher than~100 mVAC is
an indication that the diode pack is going south.

AC Ripple from the alternator (excessive AC Ripple), makes the controller do "Weird and Wild" things from alternating
idle (fluctuation)....to improper Throttle Body Adaptations to say the least.

ALWAYS check Alternator Ripple during a Charging system test.  Rule of thumb < ~120 mVAC..........especially
when under a LOAD Test at 1500RPM Minumum.

I had an {near identical} issue like this on an AUDI A3 3.0L of the same era some time back. 

Throttle actuator fault returned after 700-1000 miles of driving, even after replacing the throttle assembly.

I do believe we ended up replacing a LONG section of the engine wiring harness between the throttle-actuator
connection and ECM.   Recollection says that we ran a length of "by-pass harness" over the original harness first
for testing purposes.

After it did not return for 2k-3K miles we integrated the new wiring into the original harness routing.
that was the end of it,...from what i remember.  

I think this was a problem on a lot of early-build BMW Z3 too. defect in the harness some where.  
Makes me wish I had time to *actually find* and SEE the spot of the wiring defect.  
But, the way they route the harness on a lot of these cars; nobody really has time to go on a treasure
hunt like that.  NOT for FREE anyway!      

• Like 1

I have seen lot of throttle issues with 2009 and newer VW and they all needed new connector and wiring for throttle body.
Dealer sells connector and 6 wires for those 4 cylinder engines so maybe Audi offers same thing .

It is possible that it is same wiring. Part numbers  are:

4H0-973-713  one of those

000-979-025EA   two of those

000-979-150EA one of those

4B0-972-740  six of those

• Like 1

Might not hurt to check pin drag on that throttle connector.
Throttle sensors are quite picky when it comes to any minor interruptions/glitches in voltage.

Agree with the other posts too, wiring issue, maybe corrosion somewhere and under just the right condition it
will set the faults. Pin drag nice and easy to check though.
Like Carlos said, that connector comes off quite a bit. We often see issues with the throttle connector too.

• Like 1